We all want to look good. And when we don’t, it’s embarrassing. If you’ve ever worn a jacket with a hole in it or a bathing suit that didn’t quite fit, you know exactly what we mean. You feel self-conscious, and you imagine that everyone is looking at you and either shaking their head or trying not to laugh. That feeling can eat away at you until you’re irritable, moody, and just want to go home.
Now imagine dealing with ugly teeth.
If your smile is yellow, chipped, full of gaps, or just appalling, there’s only so much you can do. With a ripped jacket, you can take it off. With a bathing suit that looks unflattering, you can go buy a new one. But what can you do with ugly teeth? Thankfully, there is a solution: cosmetic dentistry.
Getting The Smile You Deserve
Probably the most powerful benefit from cosmetic dentistry is a serious boost to your confidence. Think of when you got a great new haircut, the kind that was different enough to be noticed as soon as you walked into the room but that really worked with your hair. Or when you bought some new outfit that was a little different from what you normally wear, then showed up to that party looking great. People stopped to notice and compliment you on your new look—and you felt wonderful. That’s the same feeling you get when you get cosmetic dentistry treatments.
There are many cosmetic treatments available, but here are six that can really impact your teeth and give you back a smile to be proud of.
1.Tooth Contouring: If your teeth have minor imperfections like tiny chips or irregularities, tooth contouring can reshape the tooth so it looks good again. Our dentist will carefully remove a small amount of enamel to make the tooth look smooth and even. Enamel has no nerve endings, so it’s completely painless.
2. Teeth Whitening: Years of drinking wine, coffee, and similar foods can slowly stain your teeth. Plaque buildup can also tarnish your pearly whites. With our in-office and take-home teeth whitening systems, you can lighten your teeth by several shades and quickly undo the years of staining to get the dazzling white smile everyone loves to see.
3. Tooth Bonding: If you have problems with both stains and imperfections, tooth bonding could be what you need. Our dentist will apply a thin layer of tooth-colored resin material over the front of your teeth. This fills in any chips and covers over any stains for a quick and affordable cosmetic treatment.
4. Dental Crowns: Although crowns are normally used to seal up damage to a tooth and make it much stronger, they can also be used cosmetically. Crowns are caps that tightly fit over your teeth. They are custom-made to fit your teeth, so they will look natural and blend in perfectly with your smile.
5. ClearCorrect: You can smooth out chips and change the color of any tooth, but if it’s misaligned or crooked, your smile is still going to be embarrassing. But metal braces are almost worse. Instead, we can provide ClearCorrect “clear braces.” These plastic trays fit comfortably over your teeth and slowly move them to where they belong. And because the plastic is clear, they’re almost invisible.
6. Veneers: Similar to tooth bonding, these ultra-thin shells of porcelain are custom made to fit over the front of your teeth. They hide stains and chips, but they also cover over small but unsightly gaps between your teeth. They are also very natural-looking.
There Are Health Benefits, Too
You might think that because it’s called “cosmetic dentistry” that the only benefit is improving the look of your teeth. But there are some health benefits to cosmetic treatments as well.
When your teeth are put back in the right places and are evened out, it will be easier to clean your teeth with regular brushing and flossing.
A bite that doesn’t close properly can lead to jaw pain, chronic headaches, and even migraines.
When you see how beautiful your smile has become, you are going to be more likely to take care of it properly. Now that everything looks so good, why let it get bad again?
At our Port Charlotte, FL dental office, we have the right training and tools to fix your ugly smile. To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry, call us at 941-625-7877. The sooner you call, the sooner you can start feeling proud and confident again.