Orthodontics is practically a rite of passage here in the United States. So many people get braces in their teenage years that braces have become linked with being a teenager. If you wear metal braces as an adult, people will think you look odd.
That’s a shame because not everyone gets braces when they’re younger. A major reason for needing orthodontics is that your adult teeth can come in awkwardly. Maybe your teeth don’t sit in a normal, straight line, or a tooth juts out at a weird angle. Accidents, injury, and wisdom teeth can also push your teeth out of their proper alignment. But when you’re an adult, do you really want to fix it with metal braces?
Thankfully, the dentists at our Port Charlotte, FL dental office offer an alternative: ClearCorrect. These are “clear braces” that fix a crooked, misaligned smile just like traditional metal braces but with a lot more benefits.
- Virtually invisible: The only way to hide wearing metal braces is to keep your mouth shut all the time: no talking or smiling. And because metal braces are tied to teenage years, you’re going to look silly with all of those wires, metal, and rubber bands. But since ClearCorrect uses clear plastic aligners, it will be difficult for people to notice that you’re even wearing them. While they are not completely invisible, they are hard to spot.
- Easily removed: Metal braces are cemented onto your teeth. They have to be since they use wires to move your teeth back into alignment. The only time metal braces can come out is when you are completely done with the treatment. ClearCorrect aligners are worn just like a mouthguard. While you have to wear them almost all the time, isn’t it nice to know that you can take them out whenever you need to?
- Easily cleaned: Food can get stuck in metal braces, meaning you have to spend extra time and effort keeping them clean. One of the last things you need is a cavity because you didn’t fully remove all the food particles getting stuck around the metal. Because ClearCorrect aligners can be removed, they are a snap to clean. Most of the time, all you need to do is rinse them out. If you want, you can also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean them as well. Done!
- Safer for your mouth: All of that wire and metal in your mouth can hurt. You can easily catch the inside of your lip or cheeks in metal braces, giving you small cuts and even scars. You probably won’t be able to see them, but you will be able to feel them. The plastic aligners used with ClearCorrect fit snugly but comfortably over your teeth, so there is nothing to catch on your lips or cheeks.
- No stained teeth: Metal braces have to be bonded to the front of your teeth for years. And when the metal is finally removed, your teeth can look stained. Either the adhesive itself discolored your teeth, or the metal was stuck on there for so long that the rest of the tooth slightly changed color while the hidden part did not. This cannot happen with ClearCorrect, because the aligners are clear, fully cover your teeth, and can be removed as needed.
- No food restrictions: You have to skip certain foods when you are wearing metal braces. Hard foods like carrots, peanuts, and hard candy can damage the wires and braces, whereas sticky foods like gum and toffee can be incredibly hard to get out of the metal. ClearCorrect can simply come out when you eat, meaning you can enjoy eating without worrying how it will affect your orthodontics.
- Faster results: Traditional metal braces can take two or three years to get your teeth where they belong. That means years of metal, wires, and rubber bands in your mouth. But with ClearCorrect, most people are done in just over a year. Some people can finish in as little as nine months! That means less time working on your teeth and more time enjoying a great smile.
ClearCorrect can sometimes be more expensive than metal braces depending on your specific situation, but with all of these benefits, it’s easy to see why so many adults choose ClearCorrect to fix their smile. If you’d like to know more about ClearCorrect and orthodontics, you can call us at 941-625-7877.